Warning: sarcastic race pictures ahead

Lola LIVE 2010 Brickyard 400!

I made a new page for my blogging adventure to Indianapolis Motorspeedway for the 2010 Brickyard 400. I will be adding the LOLs for the weekend here, comments and observations.

Thanks to the New Media staff at IMS for inviting me to be a guest blogger. I had a great time, took over 500 pictures, met a bunch of twitterers and had unprecedented media access (well, it was to me).

Things I learned at the Brickyard…

• History is WAY COOL!
  • Gotta wear some good walkin’ shoes or you are in trouble!
  • Indianapolis Motorspeedway is so hott, you have to use 2 t’s!
  • Sooo…it’s good to know the media center has awesome A/C!!
  • 200ish mph on the frontstretch looks reallllly fast up close.
  • It’s kinda fun having access to places previously inaccessible to you.
  • I’m normally shy, but I kinda liked when people actually knew of my blog.
  • It’s hard being a fan when you are supposed to be doing a job.
  • Scheduling is king, but hard to do when you haven’t done this before.

Here are my regular photos from the weekend, uncaptioned:

Brickyard 400

VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: 10.0/10 (1 vote cast)
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)
Lola LIVE 2010 Brickyard 400!, 10.0 out of 10 based on 1 rating
Digg This
Reddit This
Stumble Now!
Buzz This
Vote on DZone
Bookmark this on Delicious
Kick It on DotNetKicks.com
Shout it
Bookmark this on Technorati
Post on Twitter
Google Buzz (aka. Google Reader)

Reader Feedback

11 Responses to “Lola LIVE 2010 Brickyard 400!”

1. David says:

IT’S OVER 500! That’s over used :P Hope you had fun!

2. Sara says:

oooo. You have to tell me how to get Phoenix to let me do this haha.

• Lola says:

I was invited by Indy’s “New Media” team. They manage a blog for the speedway and IRL I think, also the Indy twitter account. It was a total surprise to me to be asked as guest blogger. I say start promoting your blog. See if PIR has new media team or marketing team and contact them with your pitch. good luck!!

3. mels80 says:

AWESOME PICS! Hope you had a blast!

4. Stacey says:

Love the pics and everything thanks for sharing :)

5. Beth says:

I am obsessed with the Tweet Up photo! That was one of the largest Tweet Up’s I have ever been too. :) Great job.

6. MichelleQ says:

Very cool! Looks like you had tons of well deserved fun!

7. ChasinCheckerz says:

I went to indy in 2008… other than being covered in tire grime at the end of the day, it was freakin amazing

8. ncsu91938 says:

I am so jealous! hope you have fun while you are there “working”!

9. club penguin says:

to the comment poster above, you are absolutely right

You found me!

Formerly lolNASCAR blog, thanks for following me over to the new domain! The old blog will be up for awhile 'til I get all content moved over, but all new posts will be here. Please change your bookmarks and subscribe to the new feed. Thx, Lola

LOLz in ur mailbox